DOT Alcohol Breath Testing
- Reliable method of testing using approved DOT Evidentiary Breathalyzer Machines
- Special secure facilities are not required
- Suitable for mass screening of workforce
- Detection window is limited to two hours (according to DOT regulations).
Why and when would you use this test?
Department of Transporation (DOT) Regulates who, when and why this drug test is administered to. Mostly, its safety sensitive positions in the transportation industry to meet strict compliance regulations. It is a legally defensible test.
Used in the following circumstances:
- Reasonable Suspicion Testing
- Random Drug Testing
- Post-Accident Drug Testing
- Follow Up Testing as Required under Part 40
Random Drug Testing Rates for 2019
2019 Random Drug Testing Rate
2019 Random Alcohol Testing Rate
|Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration |
|Federal Aviation Administration |
|Federal Railroad Administration |
25% – Covered Service
10% – Covered Service
|50% – Maintenance of Way *||25% – Maintenance of Way *|
|Federal Transit Administration |
|Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration |
United States Coast Guard
(now with the Dept. of Homeland Security)
What kind of firms typically use this type of drug testing?
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration [FMCSA]
Federal Aviation Administration [FAA]
Federal Railroad Administration [FRA]
Federal Transit Administration [FTA]
Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration [PHMSA]