DOT Physical Exams & Drug Test
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT Physical Exam.
Department of Transporation CDL Physical Requirements:
Passing the DOT physical will require:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are permitted.
- Must be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Your blood sugar level must be less than 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is disallowed
What kind of drug testing do I need for my company?
Drug Testing Needs Assessment
We don't expect you to the experts, thats why we are! Not sure what type of drug testing is right for you? You are not alone.