Hair Drug Test
Hair Drug testing is performed in a laboratory and provides the most reliable and accurate form of historical drug use.
- Correct hair type and length must be available
- Long-term detection window
- Set time frame to analysis
- Accurate concentration provided for positive results
- Legally defensible results
911 Drug Testing - Walk In's Welcome
2039 S Mill Ave, Suite E
Tempe AZ 85282Downtown Tempe Location
911 Drug Testing - Walk In's Welcome
7802 N 43rd Ave, Suite 1
Glendale AZ 85301Glendale Location
Why is Hair Testing considered the most reliable and accurate form of testing for historical drug use?
- The Hair Drug test analyzes the drugs and metabolites found inside the hair strand. When a drug is ingested it enters a person’s blood stream, it then transfers from the blood vessels into the hair shaft at the root.
- Hair can be taken from anywhere on the head or body, however we recommend that head hair is used due to biological factors that influence hair growth rate.
- Regardless of the hair origin, only a moderate amount of hair sample is required for the analysis. This means that the area from which the hair has been collected is normally unnoticeable.
- Hair Drug Testing can be used to show the level of drug use over a specific period-of-time, or provide evidence of abstinence from 1 month to 12 months, depending on the length of hair available.
- Segmentation of the hair sample is also possible to provide a month by month view of potential drug use. This would also support a claim that someone had recently stopped taking drugs.
There are 19 different drug groups that can be included in the analysis, some of these are; Amphetamine, Methamphetamines (including Ecstasy), Benzodiazepines, Cannabis, Cocaine, Methadone, Opiates, and Ketamine.
Each Drug Test Donor is legally identified at the appointment. Hair samples are then collected, sealed and bar coded to strict Chain of Custody Protocols by a fully trained & certified collection officer, samples are then processed at a laboratory, where the test is performed.
The test is available at 911 Drug Testing, our Nationwide Network or via the mobile collection service.
Your Hair Drug test report will be issued within 3 to 5 working days of your sample being received at 911 Drug Testing
The collection process and laboratory analysis ensures that all test reports issued are legally defensible.
Why and when would you use this drug test?
However, Hair Drug testing is commonly used in the following circumstances:
- Social Service matters
- Family Court matters
- Evidence of abstinence
The Hair Drug test is ideally suited to the above circumstances, as it offers a longer and more accurate detection window than Urine and Saliva drug testing. If you do require an analysis that covers a short time period of detection e.g. up to 1 week, you may wish to consider the following alternative drug tests:
- Oral Fluid Laboratory Screen & Confirmation Drug Test
- Urine Laboratory Screen & Confirmation Drug Test
The Hair drug test can detect drug use, or provide evidence of abstinence for up to 12 months, depending on the length of hair that the sample donor has available. 1cm of head hair will show approximately 1 month of drug use. Body hair from certain areas can be used if a head hair sample is not sufficient for the required analysis, however, the time period shown by a 1cm body hair sample is 2 to 3 times longer.
The time it takes for a substance to enter the hair shaft must be taken into consideration and will play a factor in the period of analysis and ultimately the timing of the sample collection. On average, it takes a drug 5 days to metabolize and enter the hair shaft, at which point the hair sample can be taken, cutting to the scalp. This will be discussed with you at the time of booking your Hair Drug test.
If required, additional hair samples can be taken to accommodate a request for a drug and alcohol test. A Hair Alcohol test can be used in conjunction with the Blood Alcohol test to ensure the most accurate picture of alcohol intake is provided. In conjunction with the Hair Drug test, the alcohol test will fulfil any requirements for legal purposes.
The Hair Drug test is used for a variety of civil or legal sectors (e.g. Social Services) along with private individuals to determine drug use or evidence of abstinence. The test has also been used for commercial purposes, for specialist agencies or in circumstances that require evidence of abstinence or to challenge positive urine drug results for Industrial Tribunals.
The legal sector, private Individuals and commercial organizations choose the Hair Drug test option as it provides the following benefits:
- Provides the most accurate longer term analysis of an individual’s drug use
- An Expert Witness Statement can be provided at an additional cost, to provide further understanding of the laboratory test report, especially for court cases
How much does Hair Testing Cost?
There are a number of different factors that influence the cost of the Hair Drug test, these include:
- Whether you book an appointment at 911 Drug Testing, our Nationwide Network or opt for the mobile collection service
- The number of drug groups to be tested
- If segmentation of the hair sample is required
The cost of one individual booking a Hair Drug test is from $85.00.
What kind of drug testing do I need for my company?
We don't expect you to the experts, thats why we are! Not sure what type of drug testing is right for you? You are not alone.