Instant Drug Testing
The Urine Instant Drug Test indicates the potential presence of drugs of abuse using tried and trusted immunoassay screening analysis using a CLIA Waived, Federally Approved Instant Cup.
- Cost Effective
- Instant results (within minutes)
- Available in 5-14 Panels
- Lab Confirmation additional
- Nationwide Network Access
- Not legally defensible
- Non-negatives require Laboratory Confirmation
- On-site facilities required e.g. secure toilet
911 Drug Testing - Walk In's Welcome
2039 S Mill Ave, Suite E
Tempe AZ 85282Downtown Tempe Location
911 Drug Testing - Walk In's Welcome
7802 N 43rd Ave, Suite 1
Glendale AZ 85301Glendale Location
What Drug Panels are tested in an Instant Drug Test?
Depending on your requirements, additional drugs can be tested using this method, these include:
The analysis is performed against predefined cut-off levels for all drugs tested. The drug test is performed under strict chain of custody protocols by fully trained and certified sample collection officers. In addition, each Drug Test Donor is legally identified at the appointment. The test is available at 911 Drug Testing, our Nationwide Network or via the mobile collection service.
POC drug test results are provided at the appointment to the donor and the donor’s organization if applicable.
Why and when would you use this drug test?
However, it is not standardly used for pre-employment purposes as prospective employers prefer or require the more accurate Laboratory Testing which will include confirmation testing levels. In addition, POC Drug Test is not allowed under DOT Regulations. All DOT Drug Testing must be lab based.
Organizations choose the POC Drug Test option as it provides the following benefits:
- Instant screen results providing an indication of drug abuse. For example, when results are time sensitive for quick implementation of a Health & Safety programs or fast deployment of personnel
- Cost effective
- Suitable for mass screening of workforce
- Quality device providing reliable initial indication of drug abuse
- Can be sent to Lab for further Confirmation Testing for an additional fee
If you are a private individual considering a POC Drug Test, please call and speak to a Clinical Advisor. There are limitations to this drug test that you must consider before making your decision.
Limitations to consider for this drug test:
The most important consideration is the accuracy of the test compared to Urine Laboratory Screening and Confirmation Drug Testing. The laboratory test has more stringent drug cut-off levels when analyzing the samples. False positive and negatives can occur with the POC Drug Test. 911 Drug Testing strongly recommends that all non-negative results from a POC Drug Test are confirmed with the laboratory test. As a result, although the POC test is a cheaper option, additional costs can be incurred for a high rate of non-negative POC test results.
To assist in your decision and help you choose the right drug test, we have summarized the limitations and alternatives below:
- The POC Drug Test is NOT legally defensible. If you require a legally defensible drug test report, we recommend using the Urine Laboratory Drug Test, or at the very least, confirm POC results with the laboratory test.
- Consider that if you anticipate a large amount of non-negative drug test results, the additional cost to confirm the results with the laboratory test may outweigh any initial cost benefits. We strongly recommend choosing the laboratory test as your first choice in these circumstances.
- The presence of alcohol is not tested for in the POC Drug Test. If required, a separate Oral Fluid or Breath Alcohol Test can be performed. If you wish for alcohol to be tested in the urine sample, you must choose the laboratory test which provides the option of testing for drugs and alcohol.
- Taking disciplinary action in the workplace based solely on POC Drug Test results is not advisable. For reasons explained above, this test is not legally defensible due to false negative or positives. Laboratory confirmation testing must be undertaken before making any disciplinary decisions in compliance with a drug and alcohol policy.
- Detection window. If you require evidence of longer term drug use, Hair drug testing may be more appropriate for your needs.
- For on-site testing i.e. at your own premises or for workplace drug testing, secure facilities required e.g. secure toilet.
What kind of firms typically use this type of drug testing?
Example of Why a Staffing Agency would use Instant Drug Testing for new applicants:
A staffing agency that is onboarding potential hires, and they test for:
The staffing agency, will accept a Medical Marijuana card, and the Instant Test comes out positive for Marijuana. This does not need to go to lab, because they don’t need the confirmation, and it does not matter they have Marijuana in their system to this staffing agency.
Now the same staffing agency, will not tolerate Methamphetamine, and if there are any traces of Methamphetamine in their system, then they do not proceed with the hiring process. The staffing agency does not need lab confirmation.
Then Instant Point of Care Drug Test is the solution because they are making a quick rapid decision to hire or not hire based on results that do not need to go to lab.
Other firms that typically choose Instant Drug Testing:
- Janitorial Companies
- Landscaping Companies
- Roofing Companies
- Service Companies that are NOT regulated
What kind of drug testing do I need for my company?
We don't expect you to the experts, thats why we are! Not sure what type of drug testing is right for you? You are not alone.